Jindabyne - Your gateway to the Snowy Mountains
Situated on the edge of Lake Jindabyne is the township of Jindabyne , the adventure base camp for the Snowy Mountains. It provides easy access to all winter sports, fishing,camping, horseriding, watersports and more.
Jindabyne is the closest town to Kosciuszko National Park, a paradise of rugged adventures, and there are shops in town that are dedicated just to skiing, snowboarding, fishing, bush walking, mountain biking and camping.
There is also a broad choice of accommodation, with options ranging from four-star Hotels and self-contained homes to apartments, lodges and caravan parks.
....... Absolutely Alpine
Absolute Alpine are able to offer everything you need for that memorable Alpine Escape. Options are endless with an outstanding selection of accommodation in a region where you can reach Australia’s highest peaks. Activities include bike riding, chairlift rides, fishing, hiking, Quad Biking, 4WD tours, horse riding, boating, water skiing, sailing, not to mention the endless snow sports during winter.
Jindabyne.....your gateway to the Snowy Mountains!
Jindabyne, the gateway to the Snowy Mountains.......
The Jindabyne township is located on the foreshore of Lake Jindabyne with views amazing views towards the infamous Snowy Mountains
For many, Jindabyne is the place to stay for those who are seeking an economical Alpine getaway or ski holiday.Offering an array of accommodation including lodges, hotels, resorts, camping areas and the boutique B&B. Night life & activities outside of skiing are in abundance with a variety of bars, clubs and restaurants.
Thredbo and Perisher are just a short drive away and are easily accessed from Jindabyne. Getting to the resorts is simply a drive along Kosciusko Rd to Perisher and Charlottes Pass or the Alpine Way to Thredbo. Snow chains are required inside the Kosciuszko National Park however if you’re not confident about driving in the snow you can always use the Ski Tube from Bullocks Flat on the Alpine Way which will take you directly to Perisher.
- This area inspired the legendary poems and stories of the mountain horsemen, who were most famously immortalised in Banjo Paterson’s poem, The Man from Snowy River.
- Modern Jindabyne was created in the late 1960s when the original town was relocated by the Snowy Mountains Authority for the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme. The original town now lies under the waters of Lake Jindabyne.
- Lake Jindabyne is half the size of Sydney Harbour.
- You are only moments away from the NSW resorts, Thredbo & Perisher resort areas are just a 30 minute drive away or 20 minutes to the Skitube (to access Perisher).
- Police Station
- Fire Brigade
- Medical Centre
- Australia Post
- Woolworths Supermarket
- Visitor Information Centre
- Banks (Westpac and Commonwealth)
Guided and self guided walks
Scenic Helicopter Flights
Historic town and river walk through the township of Dalgety
Wild Brumby Schnapps Distillery
Snowy Hydro Tours
Mt Kosciuszko Guided Walks
- Angie's Italian Restaurant - Town Centre, Jindabyne
- Brumby Bar and Bistro - Kosciusko Road, Jindabyne
- Bacco Italian Restaurant and Pizza - Nuggets Crossing, Jindabyne
- Clancys Bar and Bistro, Banjo Paterson Inn - Town Centre, Jindabyne
- McEvoy's Restaurant at Quality Resort Horizons - Kosciusko Road, Jindabyne
- Lake Jindabyne Hotel - Kosciusko Road, Jindabyne
- Mario's Mineshaft - Snowy River Avenue, Jindabyne (Winter only)
- Journey Food & Wine Bar - Town Centre, Jindabyne
- Il Capriccio Italian and Pizza - Town Centre, Jindabyne
- Cafe Darya Persian Cuisine - Town Centre, Jindabyne
- Curry House - Snowy River Avenue, Jindabyne
- Eboshi Japanese, Gippsland St, Jindabyne